Reality Has A Killer Right Hook

Hi to whoever is reading this,

YOU may be a boy, girl, woman, male or other...
YOU have a part to play in this world
YOU are an individual
YO- ok I'll stop with the 'YOU's" for now, I feel like a biblical preacher trying to push my message (no offence to any religions, or if you are a biblical preacher, I envy your confidence).
What I was trying to get to was, talking about reality, and how you are apart of it.

I wanted to make a post about this because I have been having the same thought lately and it keeps stressing me out, the thought has simply been: what the fuck am I doing with my life?
I have been thinking it over and over and I just can't get it out of my head, and then I realised that we have all been in a fight with reality since we were born...
Think about it, when you are little your parents protect you from reality as much as they can and that's why being a kid is so simple and easy, but when you turn to a teenager you immediately get more freedom and as awesome as it seems, you get more tired and worn out, you may think it's just because life is hard... well yes, it is but you are fighting something you never had to when you were younger... reality.
I have been in a constant fight with reality and I have had little punches from it every now and then but recently I have just gotten a massive right hook from reality and I never saw it coming, I wasn't prepared.
I may sound like a lunatic but think about the kids that don't have their parents support, they end up getting run down quicker and are released into the boxing ring with no idea of how to fight reality.

I have decided that I want to be 1 of 3 things:

  • Psychologist
  • Politician
  • Writer



I want to mostly be a writer, but I feel like that it could be really hard to do, and it's not that I'm too lazy, it's just I don't know if I could handle that kind of pressure and difficulty, I normally pick easy or medium on my video games, this is real life and easy and medium aren't options anymore... I've seen The Shining, I know what happens to writers... I get excited when I think about being any of them, but most excited about writing, I love writing, whether it's crappy blog posts about my boring life or if it's long stories, but reality was beating me down.

People tell me, "just try your hardest and you will succeed!" Yeah well, it's not that easy, it's hard. I reckon doing your best all the time is one of the hardest challenges the human race has to face.

I wanted to make this post ever since I made this blog because after all I am meant to the 'The Realist' and I wouldn't be living up to my name if I wasn't acting like I knew anything about reality...

I guess we just have to soldier on, and stop fighting reality, not surrender but kinda have a mutual agreement with it and it's your life so YOU decide when that happens.
You can ask for help, that's what people mean when they say don't be afraid to ask for help from someone. They can help you fight reality or make that mutual agreement, and even when you think there is no one, there is always someone out there that can help you, YOU just gotta find that person and you can ask reality to help you with that.

From,
The Realist


0 comments:

Post a Comment